Saturday, October 29, 2011

"Perfect" by Pink (and Sara)

Sara adapted the lyrics of the song "Perfect" by Pink for our son's baptism today. We'll post the lyrics here in case anyone would like to read, sing, or us them.

Made a wrong turn once or twice
Dug my way out through the fire
Bad decisions – that’s all right
Daily God calls us to new life

Mistreated, misplaced, misunderstood
Missin’ out on something good
But God never lets you down
Mistaken, always second-guessing
Underestimating, but look, God’s still around

Pretty pretty please, don’t you ever ever feel
Like you’re less than, less than perfect
Pretty pretty please, if you ever ever feel
Like you’re nothing, you are perfect to me

Some may laugh at your song
Make you feel like you are wrong
Change the voices in your head
You’re Spirit-born, now be Spirit-led

So complicated, hearts out there are breakin’
Filled with so much hatred – such a tired game
It’s enough, but I got my second wind,
I’m working for the Kin-dom – let’s see you do the same

Pretty pretty please, don’t you ever ever feel
Like you’re less than, less than perfect
Pretty pretty please, if you ever ever feel
Like you’re nothing, you are perfect to me

Sometimes I get scared, but I swallow my fear
the only thing I should be drinkin’ is God’s presence here
in valleys, on mountains, but we hide-hide-hide
Try to run and hide – it’s a waste of our time
Don’t look for the critics ‘cause they’re everywhere
Turnin’ people away, “You’re not welcome there.”
“Let’s change ourselves” – and we do it all the time
Why do we do that?
Why do I do that?
God wouldn’t do that
Yeah!

Pretty pretty please, don’t you ever ever feel
Like you’re less than, less than perfect
Pretty pretty please, if you ever ever feel
Like you’re nothing, you are perfect to me
You’re perfect, you’re perfect
Pretty pretty please, if you ever ever feel
Like you’re nothing, you are perfect to me

No comments:

Post a Comment