Monday, April 11, 2011

New Song: "Resurrection"

Our new song "Resurrection" is based on a quote from Peter Rollins called "I Deny the Resurrection":
"I deny the resurrection of Christ every time I do not serve at the feet of the oppressed, each day that I turn my back on the poor; I deny the resurrection of Christ when I close my ears to the cries of the downtrodden and lend my support to an unjust and corrupt system."
The words of the song pick up on Rollins' theme of affirming the Resurrection through action. Click here to listen to the song or check out the lyrics below:

"Resurrection"

Lord, forgive my ever doubting heart
I know that you told me this would come
So help me now accept that love has overcome all fear
Help me to live out that love here

I believe in the resurrection
And I affirm that it is real
Every time I stand my ground
For all those who've been trodden down
Every time I voice concern
For those not able to be heard
Every time tears flood my eyes
For those who've no tears left to cry
Jesus lives in me

Today, I learned the stones been rolled away
Just could not believe me ears
But now I see your life showed me to trust in things unseen
Now I think I know just what you mean

Now I believe in the resurrection
And I affirm that it is real
Every time I speak the truth
When lies are spread and truth is skewed
Every time I share a smile
With one who thinks she's not worthwhile
Every time I offer hope to one who's been left alone

I believe in the resurrection
And I affirm that it is real
Every time I stand my ground
For all those who've been trodden down
Every time I voice concern
For those not able to be heard
Every time tears flood my eyes
For those who've no tears left to cry
Jesus lives in me


No comments:

Post a Comment