Sunday, September 5, 2010

Let's Stop Being So Busy

Busyness seems like an addiction in our culture. It's crazy. I don't know how many times I hear people complain about - or brag about - being busy. Sometimes it seems like we can't feel good about ourselves if we don't look and act super busy. Let me be a friend and stage an intervention. Stop being busy and live life. Everyone has things to do. Everyone has a limited amount of time. It's not like people in our day and age are any extra busy or have any less time than our parents or grandparents. We're not special. And we shouldn't be or act any extra busy than them. We all have the same amount of time.

Everyone has enough time for what they truly want to do. It's all about stewardship of our limited amount of time. We need to budget our limited amount of time on the things that really matter to us. That way, we can look back on our lives and be glad that we did the things that we did. And we can stop running around like crazed zombies.

I am a husband, grad student, dog owner, and home owner who works two jobs. I have done the whole "look-how-busy-I-am" thing. It looks silly. So I resolve to resist the cultural urge to do that. I also resolve to calm down and live a more balanced life. And I invite you to join me. It will be good for our physical, mental, and spiritual health. It's time to stop being so busy!

If you want to read more, click here to read about the sacredness of each moment or click here to read about living a balanced life.

Let's be less busy and more happy!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your posting. I still find it quite hard to not be busy with everything going on and various pressures on me. I totally agree that if you are going to be busy doing something you had better enjoy it!