Monday, March 15, 2010

"God Is Here" - Sara Kay

"God Is Here" is a song we wrote for Lent, but it could be about any difficult time in life. It serves as a reminder that God is with us through good times and difficult times. And nothing can seperate us from the love of God (Romans 8:38-39)! God holds us in the sunshine, and even closer in the rain.


"God Is Here"

At times our lives seem broken
Destroyed beyond repair
We miss the mark so often
And can't help but feel despair

But God loves you, God hears you
God cares about your pain
God holds you in the sunshine
And even closer in the rain

See God cry your tears
Feel God hold you near
Precious child, holy child
God is here

Though we walk in shadow
And get lost in the deepest night
We know God dances in the darkness
Just as much as in the light

'Cause God loves you, God hears you
God cares about your pain
God holds you in the sunshine
Holds you closer in the rain

See God cry your tears
Feel God hold you near
Precious child, holy child
God is here

So all who thirst and hunger
Come and have your fill
I've always been beside you
Rest assured I always will

'Cause I love you, I hear you
I care about your pain
I'll hold you in the sunshine
Hold you even closer in the rain

See me cry your tears
Feel me hold you near
Precious child, holy child
I am here

1 comment: