Monday, April 13, 2009

Call to Worship (Psalm 23)

One: The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
All: Holy God, help us take comfort in your faithful guidance.
One: He makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside still waters;
All: Help us to appreciate the gift and comfort of your Creation.
One: He restores my soul and leads me in right paths for his name’s sake.
All: Heal us so we may be agents of healing in your Creation.

One: Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no evil; for you are with me.
All: Comforting God, even though your Creation is hurt and polluted, help us take courage in your abiding presence.
One: Your rod and your staff—they comfort me.
All: May your guidance strengthen and reassure us.
One: You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
All: We thank you for giving us hope even when it seems hopeless.

One: You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
All: Welcoming God, we thank you for your lavish hospitality towards us.
One: Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
All: We thank you for your healing presence throughout our entire life.
One: I shall dwell in the house of the Lord my whole life long.
All: We thank you for welcoming us into your eternal embrace. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment