Saturday, December 13, 2008

Mary's Song

My soul praises the Eternal One,
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
for God has looked with favor on the me, a poor peasant girl,
who some consider to be the lowliest of all people.
But, God has changed that view of me by accepting me just as I am.
God has called on me to engage in a divine mission.
Surely, from now on, all generations will call me blessed;
for the Eternal One will do great things for me and through me.
I have known and experienced the transforming love of God.
I will reveal and share the incarnate love of God.
Holy is the name of the Eternal One!
God’s loving-kindness is for those who trust the Eternal One,
from generation to generation and forever and ever.

God has shown strength through acts of love.
God has shown love through acts of justice.
God has shown justice through inspiring our acts of loving-kindness.
God has scattered the pride in minds of the powerful.
God has strengthened the pride in hearts of the oppressed.
God has brought down the lofty from their thrones.
God has lifted up the lowly from their fields.
God has filled the hungry with good things.
God has encouraged the rich to share their abundance.
God has helped all the peoples and creatures of the earth.
God has acted out of the divine nature of loving-kindness.
God has been faithful to the Covenant made with our ancestors.
God has continued to act amoung us throughout the generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment