Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Carpe Diem 2009

"Do something every day to make a good memory." - Nadine Aydt

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." - Calvin & Hobbes

"Hope is believing in spite of the evidence, and watching the evidence change." - Jim Wallis

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you've imagined." - Henry David Thoreau

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop to look around once in a while you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

"The miracle is not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on the green earth in the present moment, to appreciate the peace and beauty that are available now." - Thich Nhat Hanh

"One voice can change a room, and if one voice can change a room, then it can change a city, and if it can change a city, it can change a state, and if it change a state, it can change a nation, and if it can change a nation, it can change the world." - Barack Obama

"Go, eat your bread with enjoyment, and drink your wine with a merry heart; for God has long ago approved what you do. Let your garments always be white; do not let oil be lacking on your head. Enjoy life with the people whom you love, all the days of your life that are given you under the sun, because that is your portion in life." - Ecclesiastes 9:7-9

"If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time. I'd relax, I would limber up. I would be sillier than I have been this trip. I would take fewer things seriously. I would take more chances. I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers. I would eat more ice cream and less beans. I would perhaps have more actual troubles, but I'd have fewer imaginary ones." - Nadine Stair

No comments:

Post a Comment